Thursday, March 31, 2011

$1500 for a Donkey - sounds like a good price

Normally my husband comes home from work talking about this or that he heard on Bloomberg News courtesy of his Sirius satellite radio during his commute.  Tonight, while sitting down after the kids' bedtime, he said, "Don't you think it's nuts to pay $1500 for a double stroller?  And that wait list!  People are nuts."  My head titled to the side like Scooby Doo and I looked confused.  "Huh?"  "You know...the Buggyloo something.  It's a new double stroller unveiled in NYC today."  Thanks to Google, I found it.

It turns out Bugaboo (hubs was close) unveiled "The Donkey" today to the squeals of delight by moms like me, the strolleristas.  This, seeming, mother of all strollers converts from a single to a double, with all kinds of bells and whistles that are made to convince you that you'll never need another stroller.  And let's be honest, ladies.  Every time we buy a new one, we convince ourselves, and everyone else who will indulge our affirmations, that *this one* has a unique purpose that can't possibly be filled by another.  There's the single, the lightweight single, the jogger, the umbrella and the double variation for each of these.  I'm afraid ladies.  If we get a partner on board for this extravagant set of wheels, will we ever be able to plea a convincing case for anything else? 

My stroller days just recently ended with the sale of my jogging stroller.  I never did get that City Mini Double Stroller I always wanted, but rented many times in Disney World.  It's all for the better, probably...the Donkey looks like something I would have been relentless about!

No comments:

Post a Comment