Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Would you ever engage in reality television tourism?



They're mesmerizing, aren't they?  They're pretty.  They make your mouth water.  It's like they're talking to you...

I always thought the answer to the question, "Would you ever engage in reality television tourism", for our family, would be a no.  Yet, I just found myself on the internet a few weeks ago looking at the store hours for Georgetown Cupcakes, better known to many as DC Cupcakes, the focus of a TLC "reality" show.  The show has taught me that there will be a line around the block, but it hasn't deterred me.  The cupcakes look beyond delicious.  My girls are jazzed and we've been talking about dressing like Katherine and Sophie with the black pants and shirt, pink apron, and pink boots.  We'll pay no less than $30 for a dozen cupcakes and surely $100 in shirts for the girls and as gifts.  I've even declared that we need to go there on one of the first days of our trip so that we can enjoy the treats throughout the week.  You'd think a vacation to our nation's capital would be more about monuments, museums, and politics.  Instead, the focus has truly shifted from history to baked goods.  How did this happened?

What's next for us?  The Jersey Shore?  Been there, done that from the ages of 13 - 17.  My sister-in-law is planning a stop at Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, site of the very popular show on the History Channel called Pawn Stars.  Maybe I can talk my husband into touring the restaurants of Top Chef contestants next.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment