Friday, January 21, 2011

This one is for all of those moms in the drop-off line wearing PJs!

Have you heard of the greatest new product since sour gummy peaches?  Why it is the pajama jean, of course!  I don't mind comping them the link because they're just too amazing.  Jeans - made out of pajama material.  Is she on her way to the market or did she just roll out of bed?  No one knows! 

I can't help but to feel like they were designed for all of those moms I see in the school drop-off line, you know who you are, who walk up to the school front wearing pajama pants and slippers.  Ladies, I, too am rushed in the morning.  But it's just not that hard to toss on a pair of jogging or yoga pants and a t-shirt before hopping into the car.  It takes me just as long to slip on sneakers or sandals as it would to get slippers on my feet.

Here are the reasons why I'm strict on my you-must-be-dressed-when-you-take-your-child-to-school-policy. 

  • Once, while getting her backpack, my little one scraped her finger and if I had been in pajamas, I would have had to push her out the door of the car, crying.  Due to my jeans and t-shirt, I was able to walk her into class without much shame. 

  • I've seen more than one fender bender in this line, which require a conversation with another mom outside of your car.

  • The principal stands out at the line.  There's just something my child's educational leader doesn't need to know about me, including that I have PJ bottoms with penguins on them.

  • Your kid is quite possibly mortified.


So ladies, do everyone a favor.  If pulling on real pants is too much?  Go ahead and sleep in these babies.  I hear they're comfy.  :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment